Mar, Apr, May,
Sep, Oct & Nov
Easy to Medium
Hotels in cities &
Lodges during the Trek
- Massif Annapurna Mountains range with some of the world highest Mountains, Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,176m), Mt. Annapurna (8,091m), Mt. Machhapuchhre (Fishtail) (6,993m)
- Huge and colourful Rhododendron forest
- Mesmerizing beautiful and greenery Landscape
- The unique and rich culture of the different indigenous groups such as Magar, Gurung and Thakali
- 360-degree view of Himalayas
An unforgettable & luxurious way to explore the mountains in Nepal
The Mardi Himal trek is designed for those who want to be there in a short time and lost in the sanctuary. The trail run through the different villages & forests like Dhampus, Potana, Forest Camp, playing hide and seek inside the Rhododendron, Bamboo, Oak and other more vegetation.
Total 10 days trip from Kathmandu to Kathmandu. Start after your arrival in Kathmandu. Final preparation and take adventures drive to Dhampus via Pokhara. Total 7 days from Pokhara to Mardi Himal Base Camp (4500 m) and back to Pokhara. One can see the best view of the Himalayan range of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Himchuli, and the iconic Machapuchhre (Fishtail). If you have not done a trek before in your life, then this is the best trek for you.
Definitely, the three pass trek! It is the trek in the Khumbu Region which covers East to West that includes destination explorers desire in Nepal. Well, it contains all the crests and troughs of Everest Region and is the concluding circuit in the world-famous stretch, embarking from Lukla, Dingboche, Kongma La, Chola La and Renjo La. It is dynamic, challenging and exciting that will test every aspect of you.
More to this, mounting these pasees (La) doesn’t need technical knowledge on mountaineering however it is physically demanding as it consists several elevated passes.
Trip Itineraries are customizable according to your choice & the number of days you want to stay.
Arrival in Kathmandu
If you have an early arrival, you may stroll around the hippest and happening area in Thamel, where you can find restaurants with varieties of cuisine to dine.
This first night in the country, you will be staying in Kathmandu.
Fly to Pokhara and trek to Dhampus
Dhampus is a popular vantage point in the Annapurna region to close to Himalaya’s views, local culture as well as sunrise and sunset. Within 3 hours of trek from Phedi, you reach Dhampus with astonishing views of Annapurna South (7,219m), Dhaulagiri (8,167m), Himchuli (6,441m), and Fishtail (6,993m).
Trek from Dhampus to Forest Camp
We will walk around the path of Rhododendron, Oak, and Maple forests. The silent and newly explored trek route does not feature much more tea houses. Our guides will show you other trekking routes that are seen on the way. After walking for 5 or 6 hours we will reach the open spaces of Forest Camp. You will take a rest here and enjoy yourself around. Overnight in the forest camp.
Trek form Forest Camp to Low Camp
Trek from Low Camp to High Camp
Rest day at High Camp
After walking for another 1 and half hours we will finally reach the destination. You will see Mardi Himal (5,587m) and Fishtail just above us along with Annapurna I (8,091m), Annapurna South (7,219m), Hiunchuli (6,441m), and Gangapurna (7,455m).
Stay for a while to admire the beauty of the Himalayas, feel nature and get back to High Camp for an overnight stay.
Trek back from High Camp to Siding Village
Trek and drive back to Pokhara
Fly back to Kathmandu
After landing at the airport, you will be taken back to the hotel.
Departure/ Free Day
Trekkers Paradise hopes to take you on another exciting trek soon.
- All necessary airport arrival departure as per the itinerary.
- 2 night’s hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin sharing basis on BB plan.
- 1 night’s hotel accommodation in Pokhara on a twin sharing basis on BB plan.
- Flight/ Transport from Kathmandu – Pokhara- Kathmandu for clients and guide.
- Domestic airport tax.
- Transportation from Pokhara – Phedi- Pokhara.
- Breakfast – lunch, and dinner during the trekking period.
- Six nights at best available room at Dhampus, Forest camp, Low camp, High camp & Siding accommodation during the trekking.
- Professional English-speaking guide and his salary.
- Porter Salary.
- Annapurna Conservation area permit fee.
- Trekking permit (TIMS)
- Farewell dinner.
- A comprehensive medical kit.
- All government and local taxes.
- Trekkers Paradise’s appreciation of certificate after the successful trek.
- International airfare to/ from Nepal.
- Nepal Entry Visa Fees for multiple Entries on arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport- (15 days – $25-30, 30 days- $40-50 and 90 days- $100-110)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Insurance covers, medical, emergency evacuation, loss, etc.
- Personal expense (shopping, snacks, boil bottle water, hot and cold drinks, hot shower, Alcohol, Wi-Fi, telephone call, battery re-charge fee), extra porters, etc
- Hot shower during the trekking.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Additional costs or delays caused by out of management control, for example, landslide, weather condition, itinerary modification due to safety concerns, illness, change of government policies, strikes, etc.
- Tips and gratitude provided to staff.
Best physical condition is required to trek in Nepal’s high altitude. Without some pre-trek training or a good level of basic fitness it can be hard. We suggest running, walking, hiking in the hill, climbing stairs rather than elevator to prepare for the trek. Include swimming, rowing, biking in your daily base training.
Basic further experience and strength required for Trekking
- One should be able to hike for 6-7 hours a day.
- One should be able to carry 8 kg themselves on backpack for preparation.
- We suggest you to run about 4/5 miles in home for the preparation with some load on your back for 2 to 3 months to make yours climbing much more easier. Or use treadmill for everyday running and walking.
- If you have uphill location/mountain then once a week you should go to hike with loaded bag pack on your back. If you do not have mountain and high hills then use stairs to go up/down than elevator.
- Regular swimming, biking, rowing is also a good way to maintain your physical strength.
We will meet you at the airport and pick you up
We organized Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) airport pick up and drop service. Upon your arrival, you are welcomed and greeted at your arrival gate (Holding your name on the company pamphlet- Trekkers Paradise) by our representative member from a company, then transfer to your hotel in Kathmandu. For departure transfer, we will come to pick you up at your hotel in Kathmandu and take you to the airport for your international flight.
Safety precaution for Mardi Himal Trek
Aside from geographical protection, Trekkers Paradise has taken safety in following things to make travel as safe as possible making the most out of it without any worry!
- Our guides have received extensive wilderness first-aid training.
- Trek leaders and guides have years of trekking experience who can help you if there is any kind of uneasiness and assure happiness & satisfaction are guaranteed.
- We’ll have High-quality masks & Gloves with sanitizers for everyday use throughout the journey for the Trekkers Paradise team assisting you.
- Encouragement and inspiration can be a regular occurrence.
- Food and accommodation in the mountains would be rechecked for additional hygiene.
The meals during the trek
Our trek takes us to high altitudes near the world’s highest point, which means your body will need enough starch, protein, and nutrition, as food is the body’s fuel for hiking on such massive Himalayan trails. The food on this trek is very convenient, but not as convenient as it is in cities.
There will be Breakfasts, Lunch, Dinners, Tea & coffee will be provided in the trek. The popular menu items are:-
Breakfasts – (Oatmeal, Corn Flakes, French toast with Jam, Butter, Cheese, and Honey Tibetan bread or Chapati Local tsampa porridge, Hashed brown eggs, Varieties of eggs (Omelets) Pancakes Muesli Breads Fruits and Vegetables Hot drinks like varieties of teas and coffees Hot chocolates, etc)
Lunch – (Dhal, Bhat & Tarkari (Dal Bhat power 24 hours) Tibetan Bread Various Soups items Sherpa Stew Steaks Sandwiches Momo (dumplings) Macaroni dishes Tenduk Spaghetti Noodles Thukpa Pasta Vegetable curry Potatoes items Vegetable and salad Pizza (Tomato, Mushroom, Mixed) Snakes (Papad, Prawn) Desserts items (Rice Pudding, Apple pie), etc)
Dinners – ( Dhal, Bhat & Tarkari Tibetan Bread Various Soups items Sherpa Stew Steaks Sandwiches Momo (dumplings) Macaroni dishes Tenduk Spaghetti Noodles Thukpa Pasta Vegetable curry Potatoes items Vegetable and salad Pizza (, Tomato, Mushroom, Mixed) Snacks (Papad, Prawn) Pokada, finger chips, etc.
Desserts items (Rice Pudding, Apple pie), Hard Drinks Steaks, etc.) are available on the menu during the trek.
The best items from the lodge’s menu are fresh, hygienic, delicious, and nutritious. Almost everywhere on the menu, there is a mix of typical local, Asian, and western cuisine, but as we get closer, the menu list will be shortened. We highly recommend liquids green tea, lemon tea, hot lemon, ginger tea, and garlic soup, etc. at high altitude and also the fresh vegetable items for health benefit.
Accommodation details during the Trek
10 days Mardi Himal Trek includes four night’s lodge to lodge stay at a mountain, one-night hotel in Pokhara, and three nights in Kathmandu hotel, where we use the best available lodge and select the best accommodation in the Annapurna region. We provide a 1-night room with attached bathroom at Dhampur, five nights standard room at Forest camp, High camp, etc. (Generally twin Sharing room)
Three nights of Hotels in Kathmandu before and after the trek is required which is included in the package.